Muslim Aid is an international charity and development agency based in London with 25 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently operating in more than 70 countries with 13 field offices. Our vision is a world of peace, compassion and justice where all people achieve fulfillment in all aspects of their lives. In Indonesia our main programs include Flood mitigation, Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh, and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Under Service Contract between Muslim Aid - International Organization for Migration (IOM) Yogyakarta to provide a high qualification Technical Support Staff to IOM Yogyakarta, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Logistics Assistant ( 2 staff )
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Type of Contract : 1 month (with possibility of extension)
Gross Salary : Rp. 3.100.000,00
Under the overall supervision of the Livelihood Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the Programme Logistics Coordinator (PLC), the incumbent will assist the PLC in the implementation of logistics activities within Livelihood
Programme, with particular assignments as follow:
- In coordination with IOM Procurement unit, perform field surveys regarding items to be purchased for programme’s assistance packages, technical assistance for training materials, DRR equipment, and for assets replacement follow up; ensure that items being purchased meet its original specification.
- In coordination with Community Engagement Unit (CEU) and Market Research Unit (MRU), and their partners when necessary, be involved in preparation and identification of required assets to be followed up and technical assistance training materials to be provided.
- In coordination with DRR (Disaster Risk and Reduction) team under Training and Media Unit (TMU), be involved in preparing and identifying DRR Preparedness equipment.
- Provide technical and engineering recommendations on the items to be purchased, including specifications, sketches and/ or technical drawings, estimations of production capacity, or others related, particularly for assets follow up, DRR equipment, and technical assistance training materials.
- Assist PLC in preparing distribution of additional assets, DRR equipment, technical assistance training materials, and assistance packages, including: documents (Receiving Report, End User Certificate, Quality Control Form, Deed of Donations, etc), vendor ability, and efficient delivery/distribution routes.
- In coordination with other units, particularly the CEU, assist in handover process of additional livelihood assets and DRR equipment to beneficiaries.
- In coordination with Training and Media Unit (TMU) and or CEU, conduct socialization amongst communities; ensuring that communities are well informed about the incentive scheme, the calculation, and catalogue usage as reference.
- Perform daily logistics support activities on the field, including meals distribution and maintenance of accurate records and updates of incentive points data. Ensure communities receive assistance packages according to the accurate records produced by the Unit and ensure that these packages are well coordinated with the related parties.
- Support the IOM Procurement unit in purchasing of goods and dissemination of Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents.
- In coordination with TMU, CEU, and MRU, perform logistics support during the programme events, such as graduation of trainings and Micro and Small Enterprise (MSE)’s exhibition when requested, conducted within areas of implementation or other location.
- Prepare and ensure that every logistics transaction is recorded accurately in a standardized IOM document (e.g. Receiving Report, Waybill, Deed of Donation, etc), both hard copies and electronic data.
- Ensure that all items and goods delivered to communities are of a good quality and are distributed in a timely manner.
- Perform a follow-up and replacement of broken, rejected, and out of qualification goods received by beneficiaries, following the complaint mechanism and warranty procedures agreed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Relevant degree, preferably University Degree in Social Science, Engineering, or alternatively, a combination of related education and professional experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a clean accountable and transparent work system while respecting IOM codes of conduct.
- Willingness to spend considerable amount of time in the field and or the remote area.
- Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel, E-mail and other office software. Ability in using Corel and Auto cad is a plus.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Honest, flexible, results driven, respect for diversity, creative thinking, and punctual.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
- Fluency in Javanese and/ or English ability is advantageous.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should submit a cover letter stating current and updated CV (including at least three references with contact information) as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applied as the subject of the e-mail. Example : Logistics Assistant position, Subject must be: [LA] Your Name. Applications must be submitted on January 23rd at the latest and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb. Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or religion.
- To current employee of IOM – Muslim Aid Yogyakarta, please make sure you have permission from your supervisor if you wish to apply for this position.
The following information is provided by the employer. Department of Anthropology is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of these statements.