USAID-IUWASH in partnership with Coca-Cola Foundation Indonesia (CCFI) will implement a "water replenish" project in Mojokerto, East Java. The project objective is to facilitate recharge of a spring aquifer (Pacet area) which contributes to the drinking water supply for Kabupaten Mojokerto. Over the last years discharge has been deteriorating at a rate of 5% per year. In addition to this, the Trawas spring is a critical contributor to raw water supply of PDAM Djoebel Tirta Kabupaten Mojokerto. If this decline continues (or even increases as may be the case due to negative effects of Climate Change, PDAM Djoebel Tirta Kabupaten Mojokerto will lose one of their most reliable water sources, with immediate impact on the supply of safe water to many people.
PT Coca Cola, as a major company heavily reliant on safe water supplies is very concerned over the availability of clean water for this area and has taken the lead in supporting this water replenish initiative in partnership with USAID-IUWASH for technical support and a local NGO as the main implementer. CCFI will provide a grant to the local NGO to install infiltration ponds during a period of one year. The IUWASH program has a fully functioning and staffed office in Surabaya, but since specialized and dedicated Project Liaison to this program is so critical in reaching one of IUWASH goals, to provide example for replication and to further build the partnership between Coca Cola and USAID, it was agreed to provide specific support for the expected duration of this program.
As part of the IUWASH East Java Regional Team, the Project Liaison will support all involved stakeholders (NGO, IUWASH and CCFI) during the implementation of the Mojokerto Water Replenish Project, including planning, monitoring, maintaining relations, troubleshooting and regular reporting. This Project Liaison will be supervised on day-to-day basis by the East Java Regional Coordinator and further supported technically by the Jakarta-based Raw Water & Climate Change Specialist. The Component 1 Team lead will provide guidance on all communication with Coca Cola and promotional aspects of this program.
Specific tasks for this Assignment include, but are not limited to the following 3 subtasks:
1) Support the NGO as implementing NGO for this program, where needed, in:
- Planning. Support the NGO team in discussions and preparation of project strategies and work plans for community mobilization, training, construction, campaigns, etc, in close consultation and collaboration with IUWASH and CCFI team
- Management. Support the NGO team in management and administration of project human resources, administration and project finance in accordance with CCFI requirements
- Monitoring Field Activities. Support the NGO team in planning, implementation and monitoring of field activities (in particular, the installation of 600 - 650 infiltration ponds), including scheduling of community teams, detailed layout of ponds, procurement of materials, transport, storage, physical construction, and quality control.
- Advisor to stakeholders. Support NGO in their regular project coordination to all local stakeholders, especially PDAM Djoebel Tirta Kabupaten Mojokerto and local government, including troubleshooting, where and when required.
- Promotional activities. Support NGO in the preparation of promotion materials for use during the community mobilization process and training activities. Materials will be geared towards local stakeholders, as well as to a wider audience of national stakeholders (central government, other donor agencies, etc). Promotional materials may be in form of leaflets, success stories, media exposure and exposure seminar towards the end of the project.
2) Project Quality Control
On behalf of IUWASH and CCFI conduct regular quality control on NGO performance, covering all project aspects, including, but not limited to the establishment and maintenance of strong relations with local communities, construction of infiltration ponds (timeliness, quality of work, placement), and project administration (financial, human resources, procurement, etc).
3) Project Reporting
Provide regular information (reports, factsheets, success stories, etc) to IUWASH, CCFI and where required other stakeholders (local governments, PDAMs, community groups, etc), where required.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
This position is needed by November 2012 - September 2013 (12 months) or depending on and in line with the progress of the Water Replenishment project.
- Component inputs into IUWASH bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as annual work plans from East Java Region
- Provide input into all relevant IUWASH Reports, Publications, factsheets, newsletters, website information, etc.
- Coordinate data input for IUWASH PMP, specifically for this program
POSTING & REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
This Project Liaison will be supervised on day-to-day basis by the East Java Regional Coordinator and further supported technically by the Jakarta-based Raw Water & Climate Change Specialist. The Component 1 Team lead will provide guidance on all communication with CCFI and promotional aspects of this program. He/she will be formally based within the IUWASH East Java Regional office, but since most of the assignment entails supporting NGO operations (in office and field), it is expected that he/she will spend substantial time in PDAM Djoebel Tirta office and Mojokerto area.
- Possess at least a university degree; preferably in community forestry, civil/environmental engineering.
- At least 4 years of experience working on institutional and community-based water supply program, preferably with international organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
- Hands on experience in supervision construction project at the local area.
- Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility as well as a team player with a range of people
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Bahasa and good in English.
Please send a cover letter and complete curriculum vitae stated 3 referees to IUWASH.firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 September 2012. Please indicate the code of position you are applying for in the title of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The following information is provided by the employer. Department of Anthropology is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of these statements.